2021 Annual General Meeting
On Tuesday April 13, 2021, the Water Environment Association of Ontario (WEAO) will hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) through a virtual platform, from 12:00-1:00pm. At that meeting, the Governance Committee will report to the members the Directors that have been acclaimed or elected, as well as the Officers for the coming year.
To facilitate the preparation of the slate, and to ensure that the process is open to all members, WEAO is now issuing a Call for Nominations from the current membership of the association to the Water Environment Association of Ontario Board of Directors.
The WEAO governance model is volunteer driven and relies on a strong Board of Directors that helps to ensure the consistent, high quality programs and services that WEAO members have come to expect. The Board is comprised of up to 17 members, either by election or appointment.
Elected Directors of the Board are expected to serve for a period of three years to direct and support WEAO and its activities through the following:
- Develop and monitor the strategic plan, which is harmonized with the Water Environment Federation (WEF);
- Actively participate in Board meetings and related activities;
- Support and participate in Board development;
- Fulfill customary Board fiduciary responsibilities, including approval of the annual budget and monitoring financial status;
- Oversee the work of the WEAO Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
WEAO Board members must demonstrate a willingness to contribute time, talent, and leadership skills to the association. Candidates with WEAO committee experience are highly encouraged to submit their nomination.
WEAO Board members must be available to attend a minimum of eight of the ten Board meetings annually and participate in ad hoc task groups from time to time. It is imperative that nominees have the support of their employers to fulfill these volunteer duties.
This invitation is extended to all WEAO members in good standing. Anyone interested in sitting on the WEAO Board of Directors for the next three-year term, which will begin following the Annual General Meeting on April 13, 2021, is asked to complete this Nomination Form.
Benefits of participation on the WEAO Board of Directors are numerous:
- Connect with colleagues in the wastewater sector
- Demonstrate your leadership skills
- Further develop individual leadership potential
- Increase your confidence in speaking in front of groups
- Gain a better understanding of governance issues
- Contribute to the betterment of the Association
Previous Board members share that their experience on the Board has greatly contributed to personal growth and professional development.
This is a chance to contribute to your association, to be challenged, and to develop and share your professional knowledge and expertise.
Please complete this Nomination Form no later than February 12, 2021
All nominations will be held in confidence. The Governance Committee will review all submissions and prepare a slate for presentation to the members. If you have any questions regarding the Board’s roles and responsibilities, please do not hesitate to contact Heather Tyrrell, WEAO Chief Administrative Officer at 416-410-6933.
The deadline to submit a nomination is February 12, 2021.